About the Conference
The 2019 event is expected to host over 1000 SMEs private sector investors and entrepreneurs desirous of leveraging on the wonderful opportunities in the agribiz world.
The Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo GCON is expected to declare open the 2019 conference which holds thon Thursday 14 and Friday ththe 15 November, 2019, at the Sheraton Hotel & Towers, Abuja- Nigeria.
The theme of this year’s conference is “AGRI BUSINESS AS CATALYST FOR ECONOMIC GROWTH”. Nearly every entrepreneur has heard (and whilst it is the policy of government to diversify the economy away fro its heavy reliance on Oil) the gains made in other sectors, especially agriculture, have been very slow. For significant gains to be achieved in the Agricultural sector, stakeholders and players in this very important sector the world over must think and embrace agric as a business at every level!
It’s our pleasure to invite you to participate at this highly impactful conference with four robust plenary sessions, presentations on relevant agric business development workshops and exhibition.
TRAINING & WORKSHOP
COUNTDOWN TO SME CONFERENCE 2019
Conference Goals & Objectives
- To actively advance the development of SMEs in agriculture as a precondition for the nation’s industrialization and economic growth
- To promote the ‘Ease of doing Business’ and create effective interventions for unhindered access to SME Agri-Finance.
- To promote SME development and the salient potential of agriculture value chain in the nations economic transformation.
- To reaffirm agriculture as an engine of economic growth in Nigeria and to add value to the sector through SME empowerment and increased investment.
- To foster Agricultural friendly government policies and policy orientation that will engender favourable change in government attitude.
- To advance the Agri-sector‟s role of food production, provision of resources for other sectors, creation of viable international market and domestic savings for Nigeria’s economic growth.
- To strengthen the linkages between SMEs in agriculture and other sectors to increase productivity and the effect of agriculture growth and growth across the sectors.
- To explore the possibilities of Nigeria joining the league of economically developed nations by focusing on the improvement of its agricultural sector and the development of SMEs.